So as never to have a dull moment, the kids and I headed out a few days early to Bangkok before meeting Chad in Chiang Mai, Thailand. This was one of those trips that sounded so amazing several months ago but as the time drew near I was panicked...what was I thinking traveling alone with four kids to a place I had never been before?! (committing myself was seriously becoming an option in my mind) But in the name of sweet relationships we rallied forth.
See, there is this dear family.....when we adopted Nykolas from Ukraine a sweet friend 'happened' to also be in Kiev with her family serving the church there. The Smith's were the first friends to hold my cherished first child and give him gifts and have us at their table. I have ever since held them dear in my heart. Recently they moved to Bangkok. I know about moving and getting settled into new places....I also know how treasured friends and family are that are willing to cross the miles for you.....so again in the name beloved friends we logged the miles.
![]() |
| Good travelers these people of ours! |
I wondered how it would play out.....10 kids in an apartment....would they even get along....would Mandy wish we had never set foot on her soil? The first morning in our pink bunk room with scads of girls and two token boys gadding about my fears were laid to rest. Everyone got along famously.
![]() |
| What a crew!! |
We traipsed through amazing (HOT) parks, dodging monitor lizards and snakes (yikes), swam for hours in their refreshing pool, got our nails 'done', visited their wonderful church, enjoyed their traditional Sunday night dinner of Banana Sundays (ice cream with bananas and drizzled in chocolate!) all the while Mandy and I got snippets of refreshing and encouraging conversation. What an amazing woman. Grateful to call her friend.
![]() |
| And look who was able to join us......AHHHHH! so good to see her face and hold her for three weeks! LOVE this woman! |
| check out this monster! |




2 comments:
Im requesting a mansion next to yours in heaven Heather - eternity wont be long enough to treasure the friendship of YOU!
Go Heather Go! I'm trying to get back in to posting on my blog too ~
Post a Comment